some suggestions for your shoot
Some suggestions for your Photo Session with VISIO photography:
1. Try to be relaxed as you prepare for the session. (I know easier said than done.) Relaxed people photograph VERY well. Having a parent(s) come along is encouraged and a chilled atmosphere is required :) We’re going to have a good time and we’re going to great some rockin' images! Smile!
2. Humor is always a good way to relax everyone. Laughter is good for the soul.
3. We discourage any extra guests other than a mom or dad. Sometimes, the extra distraction and added relationship dimension is best avoided during the session.
4. For clothing, we recommend solid colors. For more than one person (BFF session), It is NOT necessary to match. But consider colors that compliment each other. Avoid busy patterns like stripes, plaid, paisley or polka dots - they tend to compete with faces. Also bring a very fun and colorful shirt or sweater, if you'd like. Timeless clothing choices such as solid color shirts, off-white linen dresses, or khakis are excellent choices. Avoid bright, white shirts too. These tend to draw the eye away from the face.
6. Comfort is important as well. Starched, itchy clothing will not only look stiff on the picture, but will make people unhappy as well. Our style of photography seeks to capture your personalities through his/her face, eyes, smile, or pout. Formal attire is discouraged, unless we're going for certain cool look. Bring multiple outfits with you and we can deside on a set at the studio.
7. Shoes are optional. A great look in relaxed portraiture is going barefoot. If this is the look you are going for, it can definitely add to the casual appearancce of the images. Bring a couple of options for shoes as this can add variety as well.
8. If you have a favorite hat, scarf, clutch, and/or other accessories (especially really colorful items!) that you feel may add to the session and reflect something about you and your family, feel free to bring them. We occassionally use items in shots for a personal touch.
As always, we are more than open to new ideas for portraits. Call or email us any time if you have any questions or would like to setup a consultation...
What do I need to do book a session?...
1. Call the studio. Let us know that you’d like to schedule your session !
2. Set up a date for Senior Session, AND your Viewing/Purchasing Session. (You must bring a parent or guardian to both of these.) Provide the $100 retainer via credit card or place a check in the mail. This will hold the two appointments slots for you.
3. At your Pre-Consultation Meeting, be ready to share what you plan to wear for the session (or bring them in). We will make some recommendations about your outfits. Prepare to let us know what products you are most interested in. We will discuss your personality and props that may showcase your talents, activities and personality.
4. After your photo shoot, call the studio to set up your Viewing / Purchasing appointment. All those involved in purchasing decisions should attend. The appointment will be 1-3 weeks after the session.
5. Come in and see your images on our large screen projector. During this Viewing/Purchasing session, get ready to pick your favorites along with your parents. It is at this time that you will let us know what products you’d like to create with your images.